Live, Laugh, and Be Happy

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Morning sickness and other joys
My all-day intense nausea form of morning sickness began to ramp down at the beginning of June (due, I feel, to the copious amounts of water I consumed over Memorial Day weekend in order to avoid being carsick). Then came a week of exhaustion, followed by a week of severe headaches. Now my body seems to have settled into an uneasy peace. As long as I drink more water in a day than I used to drink in a month (and no, that's not an exaggeration) the nausea stays mostly in the background, and, weirdly, as long as I'm super careful with dental hygiene the headaches mostly stay away. Interestingly, I haven't really had a conscious problem with exhaustion other than that one week, but I've been falling asleep anytime I hold still for longer than about three minutes this week, prompting the cats to decide I'm turning into one of them, and making me feel like all I do is eat, sleep, and pee.
My big goal this week is to get all the thank-you notes out for the gifts and cards we've received already; unfortunately, this involves holding still for an indeterminate length of time (see above). I may have to put off such a sedentary goal for another week and turn instead to something a little more active, like beginning to box books or something. But in any case, I'd rather have the problem of falling asleep too much than the nausea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home